E-WA Rotary Youth Plan 2019-20
The Rotary E-Club of Western Australia Inc.(“E-WA”) is a proud supporter of Rotary youth programs that develop young leaders.
Many of the school-aged young people in our Wheatbelt stakeholder communities will move away from home for education or work. Access to Rotary youth programs such as the Rotary Program of Enrichment (known as “RYPEN”) a development seminar for 14-17 year olds, helps equip people for these changes.
RYPEN is just the first step in a Rotary program development path.
Rotary Youth Programs of Note
Rotary offers many youth programs that address developmental aspects at different life stages, including:
- Rotary Program of Enrichment (RYPEN) is a fancy title for a brilliant personal and leadership development seminar for young people aged 14-17.
- National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) provides a 12-day program for aspiring young scientists. Usually held in the January before Year 12.
- Youth Exchange (RYE) creates the opportunity for young people to spend time abroad learning about another country, language and culture.
- Short-Term Youth Exchange (STEP) provides shorter version of overseas exchange.
- Rotaract is our organisation for young people aged 18-30. Rotaract provides lots of practical hands on leadership and excellent self – development opportunities
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is our acclaimed week-long intensive leadership development program for people aged 18-26.
- Youth Leadership Extension Advanced Program (RYLEAP) is a 4-day follow-up leadership program for RYLA graduates. Another good one!
- ConocoPhillips Science Experience provides an important 3-4 day science program for years 9-10.
Candidates Earn Placements
Young people who best suit these development programs will be good community members, willing to help others and work for their program places. By way of example, Danika (Quairading) and Taliyah (Narembeen) fundraised for their school reading programs to earn their places on a 2019 RYPEN seminar.
We are innovators and we’ve learnt from our ground-breaking 2018 Changemaker Traineeships. E-WA will continue to improve this concept in 2019-20, by providing two new club trainee roles supporting key aspects of our service delivery.
The club traineeships will focus on:
– Public relations and marketing
– One of our key club projects (ShelterBox is a likely placement)
We are grateful that partners have joined us in our quest to match and resource lots more good candidates with more development opportunities. We will continue to strengthen those relationships and seek to develop new ones.
Rotary youth programs are delivered and coordinated by dedicated teams attached to both Rotary districts in Western Australia. In keeping with tIhe unique positioning and role of our club, we will work with providers from both districts to deliver optimum outcomes for our stakeholders.
We will continue to seek opportunities to collaborate with Rotaract clubs and leaders.
Subject to the availability of eligible candidates, we’re expecting to support:
- 10 attendees at RYPEN
- 2 club traineeships
- 1 RYLA nominee
- 1 RYLEAP nominee
- 1 ConocoPhillips nominee
- 1 NYSF nominee
- Other clubs with RYE participants
- other programs as demand and availability permit.
For More information
If you see yourself participating in one of these Rotary youth programs, please email us at secretary at rotaryeclubwa.org.au (replace “at” with “@”). We’ll be pleased to assist.
Rotary E-Club of Western Australia Inc. (“E-WA”)
14 November 2019