Welcome to the home of the Rotary E-Club of Western Australia Inc. better known as “E-WA”.
What is E-WA?
E-WA is Western Australia’s first online Rotary E-Club. Rotary E-Clubs allow members to give to the greater community without any obligation to attend regular club meetings in person.
E-Clubs are perfect for busy people who want value for their time and money.
How We Serve the Community
E-WA has a diverse and widely distributed community in WA. Our projects include:
- Our major Rotary Love of Reading project in the WA Wheatbelt, that aims to improve literacy standards by encouraging children to read.
- The Rotary Wheatbelt Swim for Reading, an innovative community engagement, youth development and fundraising event that supports our Rotary Love of Reading project and provides development opportunities for teenagers.
- Parking services provided for the community at the Perth Makers Market
- The Wash b4U Munch influenza mitigation project
- Sponosrship of young people to attend Rotary youth programs.
E-WA is Good for Time – Poor People
E-WA caters particularly well for those who:
- want a low-cost, highly productive and enjoyable Rotary experience.
- are located too far from a traditional Rotary club to make regular meetings
- have a disability which might make traditional face-face meetings difficult.
- are required to travel for work, including Fly-In Fly-Out professionals
- are unable to leave young children, or family members during typical meeting times
We are proud to be a welcoming and inclusive Rotary club.
How We Get Together
E-WA has a very effective tri-modal meeting process which includes three different types of get-together:
• We deal with club business during our Monday night gatherings on our Zoom video channel.
• We use an online group to formalise our decision process and enable members to collaborate and share information.
• Our team enjoys regular face-to-face social gatherings at different locations around Western Australia.
Participation in any of these events is optional and entirely voluntary.
Our members find ways to use diverse locations, and our online presence to help our local, and global communities.
Would You Like to Know More?
Your can learn more about Rotary and our club specifically through the public pages of this site. If you would like to learn more about us, please leave a message on our Facebook page or email rotaryewa at gmail.com.
For Visiting Rotarians
You can do a make-up meeting online by attending our weekly get-together at 7pm (GMT+8) on Mondays. Please email secretary at rotaryeclubwa.org.au if you would like to drop in.