E-WA Adds Value Through Diverse Projects
E-WA projects add value to society through the provision of literacy support, disaster relief, greening programs to address climate change and disease prevention iniatives. We have a diverse and widely distributed community in Western Australia and our volunteers do lots of good things to help others. We have fun doing it, too!
Our projects include:
- Our major Rotary Love of Reading project in the WA Wheatbelt. We aim to improve literacy standards by encouraging children to read.
- The Rotary Wheatbelt Swim for Reading is an innovative community engagement, youth development and fundraising event. The Swim supports our Rotary Love of Reading project and provides development opportunities for teenagers.
- We support ShelterBox, our Rotary partner and major disaster relief organisation
- Treemission – a cause that encourages people to make a commitment to address climate change by planting trees to offset their contribution to green house gases and global warming.
- Parking services provided for the community at the Perth Makers Market
- The Wash b4U Munch influenza mitigation project
- Sponsorship of young people to attend Rotary youth programs.